As of January 1, 2014, to comply with California Assembly Bill AB 2031, Torrance Unified School District requires General Contractors and Subcontractors to be prequalified on all Bond Construction Contracts.
To become prequalified, applications must be submitted to PQBids.com. PQBids is an easy to use web-based application that streamlines the new Department of Industrial Relations pre-qualification process. Please follow the simple instructions below:
- Click here to sign-up online as a contractor.
- Enter the required information.
- Submit your pre-qualification application.
- PQBids will contact you if more information is necessary to complete the process.
- You will be notified of your approval via email.
Online Bidding: Pursuant to Public Contract Code 1601(a)(1), the Torrance Unified School District requires contractors to submit online bids. Bids will be opened and publicly read aloud via live streaming. As a condition of bidding for any project, and in accordance with California Public Contract Code Section 20111.5, prospective bidders are required to submit prequalification documents, which will be the basis for determining bidders that are qualified to bid on projects. To prequalify contractors must submit a complete prequalification package no later than five (5) business days prior to the bid opening.
- A (General Engineering Contractor)
- B (General Building Contractor)
- C-4 (boiler, hot water, and steam fitting)
- C-7 (low-voltage systems)
- C-10 (electrical)
- C-16 (fire protection)
- C-20 (HVAC)
- C-34 (pipeline)
- C-36 (plumbing)
- C-38 (refrigeration)
- C-42 (sanitation systems)
- C-43 (sheet metal)
- C-46 (solar)
If you have questions regarding this process, please contact Torrance Unified School District Office 310-972-6215. You may also contact PQBids with technical support questions at info@PQBids.com or 888-218-4173.