As of January 1, 2014, to comply with California Assembly Bill AB 2031, Poway Unified School District requires General Contractors and Subcontractors to be prequalified on all Bond Construction Contracts. Poway Unified School District also requires pre-qualification on all CUPCCAA Construction Contracts.
To become prequalified, applications must be submitted to PQBids.com. PQBids is an easy to use web-based application that streamlines the new Department of Industrial Relations pre-qualification process. Please follow the simple instructions below:
- Click here to sign-up online as a contractor.
- Enter the required information.
- Submit your pre-qualification application.
- PQBids will contact you if more information is necessary to complete the process.
- You will be notified of your approval via email.
The following license classifications must prequalify:
- A (General Engineering Contractor)
- B (General Building Contractor)
- C-4 (boiler, hot water, and steam fitting)
- C-7 (low-voltage systems)
- C-10 (electrical)
- C-16 (fire protection)
- C-20 (HVAC)
- C-34 (pipeline)
- C-36 (plumbing)
- C-38 (refrigeration)
- C-42 (sanitation systems)
- C-43 (sheet metal)
- C-46 (solar)